Join Vice City Ruckers, GORUCK, Travis Manion Foundation, and other ruck clubs nationwide at 8am on Saturday, May 4th at Vista View Park to complete the 2019 Manion WOD in honor of 1LT Travis Manion (USMC).
The WOD consists of 7 rounds of a 400m ruck, and 29 ruck squats.
Registration is $35 per person includes a commemorative t-shirt and patch, with proceeds donated towards TMF’s $20,000 fundraising goal. Must register by 3/4 to ensure delivery of your shirt and patch for the day of the WOD. All will be shipped to me and I will distribute them at the WOD. If you sign up after the 4th then they will be given out at a later date after the WOD
Registration Link: Select Sign Up at My Ruck Club Here and find Vice City Ruckers (Second from Bottom)
Start Point: Vista View Park
4001 SW 142nd Ave, Davie, FL 33330
* Rucksack, we recommend GORUCK-(http://goruck.go2cloud.org/SH1Gm)
* Reflective band or PT belt on the ruck
* Hydration bladder filled with water (2L minimum)
* Comfortable Shoes
* Comfortable Clothes, (Think workout clothes)
* Headlamp (For night rucks)
* Ruck Weight (see below)
A good starting weight is 10-20lbs but if you are training for a GORUCK Challenge event here are the requirements.
Light Challenge (4-5 Hours | 7-10 Miles)
* If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
* If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
Tough Challenge (10-12 Hours | 15-20 Miles) or
Heavy Challenge (24+ Hours | 40+ Miles)
* If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
* If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
About Vice City Ruckers
Vice City Ruckers is a South Florida training group and GORUCK ruck club that actively promotes rucking which is a form of social fitness. We usually meet 3-4 times a month and cover anywhere from 3-15 miles. For more info visit http://www.vicecityruckers.com
What is Rucking?
Rucking is the sport of walking long distances with a weighted bag or rucksack. This is usually completed as a group, with an emphasis on teamwork. Interspersed are bouts of physical training. To learn more about rucking, visit http://www.goruck.com/rucking